Happy Friday! It’s beautiful here on the coast, and it’s FINALLY feeling like spring! Bring it on guys!!!
Here’s what caught my eye this week!
-A BIG congrats to all the North Carolina James Beard 2018 Restaurant and Chef Award semifinalists!
- David Bauer, Farm & Sparrow, Asheville, NC (Outstanding Baker nominee)
- Ashley Christensen, Poole’s Diner, Raleigh, NC (Outstanding Chef nominee)
- Leah Wong Ashburn, Highland Brewing Co., Asheville, NC (Outstanding Wine, Beer, or Spirits
- Professional nominee)
- Sean Lilly Wilson, Fullsteam Brewery, Durham, NC (Outstanding Wine, Beer, or Spirits Professional nominee)
- Gabe Barker, Pizzeria Mercato, Carrboro, NC (Rising Star Chef of the Year Nominee)
- Vivian Howard, Chef & The Farmer, Kinston, NC (Best Chef: Southeast Nominee)
- Meherwan Irani, Chai Pani, Asheville, NC (Best Chef: Southeast Nominee)
- Katie Button, Nightbell, Asheville, NC (Best Chef: Southeast Nominee)
-OK I get these were for Valentine’s Day… but how cute would these be for Easter too!
-This was the cutest thing that I saw on Valentine’s Day!
-Looks like Cobia season will be open all year here in NC. My friend Jot Owens, of Jot it Down Charters, had this to say about the vote:
This was voted on and passed last evening at the NCDMF Commission meeting for Cobia: Recreational: May 1-31 are 2 fish per vessel then 1 fish per boat after June 1. Charter: 4 fish per vessel. No season closure for rec or charter. This still has to be approved by the ASMFC technical committee. Which it probably will be approved.